On Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 7:55 PM, UXB <denn...@uxbinternet.com> wrote:

> From a security perspective cookies are a better option because passing
> ID's in the open can result in session hijacking when someone bookmarks a
> link.

This isn't even the biggest threat. Since you are passing the SessionID in
the URL, it will be included in the referrer string and LOGGED by someone
else's server each time you allow a link out from your website. This
appears to be the root cause of the recent Yahoo Mail security breaches.

This means if you simply link to my website from yours, using a plain jane
link - this is all that is required for me to potentially hijack your
user's sessions, simply by examining the referrer strings.

-Cameron

--
Cameron Childress