Btw cfqueryparam id not actually there to protect against sql injection,
rather it is for paramatising queries to create execution plans for better
performance.
You can validate data in various ways before using in your query to achieve
the same result, such as cfparam, which will sometimes be better than
relying on.cfqueryparam which may in fact reduce performance sometimes.
Protecting against sql injection also requires more than simply validating
datatypes, relying on cfqueryparam to do this will only protect you from
the basic drive by injections that rely on numeric fields accepting
strings, not advanced injections which can be done on any text field.

Regards
Russ Michaels
www.michaels.me.uk
www.cfmldeveloper.com - Free CFML hosting for developers