You may also see a slight performance boost if you change the data fields
from text to varchar(max) if you are on sql 2005+, plus storage size is
better. Pretty sure this was ok to do with CF8 plus.

Also be mindful of how much data you put into the client scope. Less the
better, since every request will do a select and update of all data in the
db regardless of any variables being updated in a request.

Not sure if this is different with 10 since, we no longer use client, and
have opted for sticky sessions in our cluster.

I had a junior guy put a large wddx string into the client scope once
(before we did better code reviews) and the instant the code was deployed
killed our cluster.

Byron Mann
Lead Engineer & Architect
HostMySite.com