Even if your cfqueryparam is looking for a string (say you're using a
UUID), you're still safe because they're passed in as arguments to a
mnaufactured stored procedure.  Ultimately, the db ends up doing something
like this:

declare @p1 nvarchar(4000);
select * from forums where threadid=@p1

EVEN if @p1 contains "5; truncate table topics" - you're safe here.  the DB
is simply going to compare the field to the entire string passed in.

Rick