> For those of u on this list that have experience with both, can I
> please get your feedback on the Pros and Cons of going to the
> .NET framework from ColdFusion?

Hi Dave, that will depend on what you're doing with it.  I don't have
anything against .NET and have done some coding with it.  The biggest
headache about .NET is that it's a fully object-oriented language and
everything is based around that.  It's a lot harder to throw something
together quickly with .NET than it is with ColdFusion.  If you're
building large well-designed applications that will be OO from the
beginning regardless of the language, then it's mostly a matter of
syntax.  .NET has a wealth of libraries behind it, but navigating that
world is on-par with Java in complexity (strong typing, lots of long
paths to method calls, etc.).  CF is more akin to PHP in that regard.

Not to get too far off-topic, but I'd be happy to see a project like
OpenBD or Railo that created a CFML engine on top of .NET rather than
Java so that we could just switch the engine out and say "okay, we're
doing .NET" now, wink wink."

If you're doing simple web applications, .NET may just get in the way
and add time and complexity that isn't needed.  If you're doing PDF
generation, I haven't seen anything that beats the simplicity of
CFDOCUMENT (though it has its limitations).

So, as with anything in IT... it depends.  But as has already been
mentioned, switching platforms just because someone read an article in
a magazine about something another company did is pretty
short-sighted.

-Justin