Well that's fine (and, yes, that's how you do the deployment). But a
language is what you type in to the IDE or text editor, not what it
compiles down to, or that one deploys. Java byte code is no more Java than
CFML is, for that matter.

CFML is not Java. Java is Java.

A better defence of CFML's Javaness would be to point out that one can
instantiate Java classes and call methods upon them natively in CFML, but
this still doesn't make CFML Java. Plus - on reflection - one can also do
the same with .NET classes/objects I think and no-one is suggesting CFML is
C#...?

CFML is a cool language, but it's dead. The former does not preclude the
latter.

--
Adam