> Hi, all... Trying to get my server to pass PCI-Compliance and I was dinged
> for the server(CF) using non-random session id's
> (CFID's). They found three consecutive CFID'sin use.  However, I noticed in
> the CF documentation that CF-Tokens are random.
> And I opted for the long-form CF-Tokens in the administrator. Is there a way
> to use random CFID's or is that what the random
> CF-Tokens are for: to provide a pair of variables, that together satisfy
> randomness requirements for sessions?

I don't think there's any way to control the values issued for CFID.
The CFTOKEN values are random and secure if you choose that option in
the CF Administrator. But I'd second Cameron's recommendation to use
J2EE sessions if you can. You'll get a single token that is secure.
Plus, the token will be discarded when the browser is closed.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers, online, or onsite.