I teach web design, web programming (JavaScript, some JS libraries, SQL,
and CF), and computer science at a public high school that has zero budget
for software for my classes.  We have a license for Homesite, but it
doesn't play well with our environment and is no longer worth the hassle.

I've tried Aptana, but feel that it's too complex for teaching beginners
web design.  What's more, I really don't like the requirement that
Eclipse-based editors have for working in a project paradigm on web files.
 I use Netbeans for CompSci, which IS project-oriented, but that makes a
lot more sense given the language.

So, what are the free (as in, free) options out there that support
HTML/CSS/JS/CF that are at least reasonably user-friendly?

Thanks,

Pete