I taught an introduction to Web Programming college course for several
years using CFEclipse with Adobe ColdFusion. In the very first class I
gave them a good overview of using Eclipse on an overhead projector. I
walked them through the project creation process and showed them where
their files ended up on their local machines. I don't recall any
incidents where students had difficulty using the editor.

The main problems I had were students simply not understanding how to
implement programming concepts in a practical way and students not
finishing the projects that they started.

Is CF going to be it's own course or are you mixing in CSS, JS, and SQL
in with it? In my class I taught simple SQL and CF, and it was hard to
squeeze everything in to a single quarter.

Warm Regards,
Jordan Michaels