Hi,

I have written a CFX to perform a small task using iText. Code was compiled
with 1.5 java and uses the CFX.JAR file along with the iText jar files. The
module compiles correctly, and runs from a command line with NO problems. When
I installed thee module on the server (CF 9 Standard - Build 9,0.1,274733 on
Windows), the module gives me the following error message:

<i>A ClassCastingException occured. The CFX custom tag CFX_CertApp needs to
implement com.allaire.cfx.CustomTag interface. Ensure that you add this to your
custom class.</i>

Now this CFX already does that .. and works great from the command line.

Another issue, when I went install it, the only place that CF seem to even
recognize it was in ColdFusion9\runtime\lib directory -- which is where I don't
really want it to be but can live it with.

Anyway have any ideas as to what is going on that I'm missing. I have the
CLASSPATH in the administrator set to the above path and individually listed
all the JAR files as doesn't seem to like just the directory name.

Finally, I have NO idea what level 9,0,1,274733 happens to be. Adobe should do
a somewhat better job of listing when hotfixes go with what level. CF 10 is
much better but that is not going to happen at place.

Any help you can be with any of this (especially the CFX) would be greatly
appreciated.

Thank.

Drew Nathanson
Technical Synergy, Inc.