It's a shame Adobe is still going with long-term major releases instead of
a more frequent and iterative schedule. The architecture, I would guess, is
partially the reason for that.

Seems like having a plug-in architecture would be the way to go. They could
have a stripped down core product, then do add-ons through plug-ins and
expansion packs that are fee based. This might make it more affordable and
attractive for a wider customer base.

We probably only use about 10% of the features/tags/functions, so why
should we pay for the other 90%.

I would imagine upgrading/patching, etc would be far less of a hassle as
well.

Byron Mann
Lead Engineer & Architect
HostMySite.com