Software maintenence in the industry has always been frequent for the most
part. Most of those updates are more reactive, as patches and hot fixes. I
was getting more to feature additions and enhancements.

12-18 months between feature releases is quite a period with regards to
technology these days.

How often have we all been on the upcoming release webinars for a product
with this type of release schedule and think to ourselves, "Oh, finally".

It seems the industry trend is headed towards a frequent release cycle.

Cheers.

Byron Mann
Lead Engineer & Architect
HostMySite.com