Well, the good news is that I can include the application variables in the
AJAX post and pass them into the contact.cfc (which is also out of the
webroot and in the library) via the AJAX call to contact.cfc.

The bad news is, I have to type all those application variables into every
AJAX call. But, at least I only have to type them in once for the reusable
code!

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 2:31 PM, Rick Faircloth <r...@whitestonemedia.com>wrote:

> Thanks, Azadi...
>
> I was afraid that or creating CF Admin mappings might end up being
> the answer. I was trying to find a way of accessing the variables without
> a lot of setup for each website. But, virtual directories won't be that
> much
> to do, since the virtual directories will be the same for each website that
> needs the functionality they contain.
>
> But, will virtual directories put into the directory structure of an app
> in IIS
> then have access to global variables such as application variables?
>
> I'll have to test that approach.
>
> Another alternative might be to send the needed application variables
> into the AJAX function which accesses the component function as
> JS variables. That might work...

"Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad
reputation."  Henry Kissinger