From: Jeff Garza [mailto:j...@garzasixpack.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 25, 2013 3:45 PM
To: cf-talk
Subject: RE: issue with cfhttp and client certificates

Mark,

On the CF9 Server we're at Java version 1.6.0_17  and the arguments from
the CFAdmin look like the following: "-server -Dsun.io.useCanonCaches=false
-XX:MaxPermSize=192m -XX:+UseParallelGC -Xbatch
-Dcoldfusion.rootDir={application.home}/../
-Dcoldfusion.libPath={application.home}/../lib
-Dcoldfusion.spooltimeout=120".

On the CF10 server it's at Java version 1.7.0_15  and the args are:
"-server -XX:MaxPermSize=192m -XX:+UseParallelGC -Xbatch
-Dcoldfusion.home={application.home}
-Dcoldfusion.rootDir={application.home}
-Dcoldfusion.libPath={application.home}/lib
-Dorg.apache.coyote.USE_CUSTOM_STATUS_MSG_IN_HEADER=true
-Dcoldfusion.jsafe.defaultalgo=FIPS186Random
-Dcoldfusion.spooltimeout=120"

Though, based on the error, I don't think this is a handshake issue.  It
looks like an issue where the JVM can't even open the certificate file to
pass the public key on to the server.  Which is why this is so strange that
CF9 with the older JVM would be able to do it, but the new one can't.
--Jeff