You might try passing delimiter=';' as an additional dsn parameter.

Which odbc driver are you using in windows? The MS text file driver you can
specify an ini file with the delimiter and other parameters. Although I
have never tried using that.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms709353(v=vs.85).aspx

Byron Mann
Lead Engineer & Architect