Ray,

The cfdump error was seen on a FW/1 view template. When I try the same
query within a single template outside any application, cfdump works fine.
So that was a good suggestion. I have no idea how to interpret it tho',
especially since I cannot see the source code of of dump.cfm.

I've been developing on FW/1 almost exclusively for the last several years.
I'm not sure when this crept in, but I do know that I've used cfdump often
in the past to examine query data while constructing the view templates. It
might not even be related to FW/1. What do you suggest as a next step?