Ray,

Thanks again for your suggestion to try it outside any application. I was
then able to isolate the issue (even tho' I thought I couldn't at first!),
and it seems indeed that it occurs if whitespace is stripped from the
cfdump output. You'll find a pair of very simple templates in this zip -
http://aria-media.com/testDump.zip - that demonstrate the issue. Change the
query in test.cfm to something that will work. Browse to test.cfm and it's
fine. Browse to testDump.cfm and it's broken.

It could be argued that the developers need to be careful when stripping
whitespace, but it could also be argued that this would be a simple fix and
cfdump should be a little more robust, so why not? As I wrote, I
*think*someone just needs to open the source template and repetitively
search and
replace all instances of 2 consecutive spaces with one space until no
space-space instances are found. That should prevent any regex that strips
whitespace from collapsingcodetogether and thereby breaking functionality.
What do you think?