>>To replace CFX_ValidEmail, I'd look at performing an MX lookup on the domain

Thanks for your feedback.
This is what I have implemented in my address validation function used by my
forms.

 >>and then if you need to do an SMTP check, you'd have to implement a short
SMTP client that "pretends" to be sending an e-mail to the relevant server
and validates the inbound e-mail address against the mailboxes it looks
after.

I'm not going this far, doing so, you have no waranty the the destination
server will be ready to accept the mail,
then you have to check for answers like "server too busy, try latter" and so on.
What I need is a 100% sure impossible address detection, not a 100% good
address detection.

Also, "pretending" to be sending an e-mail to the relevant server, and abort
the communication before sending the data, is not a good idea if one intend to
validate hundreds of addresses.
This mehod could be taken by the server as a spammer trick to purge his
database.