Scott,

Ok.. this is simple but remember that val( ) actually returns a number if
the first part of the string IS a number, and a zero if it is not:

Val(343,200) returns 343
Val(ABC123) returns 0.00

So if you know you are dealing numbers above zero you can use this as a
quick and easy Boolean function. As in

If(val(23,320,2300.00))
{
        ..then whatever code you need to strip commas and further manage the
variable.
)

Just a thought :)

Mark Kruger - CFG