---- Maureen <mamamaur...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Honestly, if you are selling a software product that requires
> additional lock down after installation, you might could get the
> attention of those hiding in their cubicle by putting a large notice
> of such at the beginning of the installation instructions.  No one
> should have to find out about software security issues from CNN.

I would change the argument over to what happens when installing competing
middleware. Are the alternatives to ACF any safer to install? What sorts of
things do they do to minimize security issues on installation? How can ACF
modify the installation process to maximize the security profiles up front?

The ACF installation security profile doesn't matter if massive breach
publicity makes large datacenters, government agencies, and ISPs to abandon the
product. In public relations, logic isn't the primary driver.

--
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/roger-austin/8/a4/60
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/RogerTheGeek