John, I am going to focus on your actual error message.

*The ColdFusion ODBC Server service is not running or has not been
installed. You may also use the "MS Access with Unicode" driver to connect
to MS Access datasources.*

This is going to sound a bit basic, but did you actually install the ODBC
drivers when you installed ColdFusion?

I have not used Access since 1995, so I am only gasping at the hope that is
what maybe the problem.

Just out of curiosity, I know you mentioned the reason behind this in
another thread, but is there any chance that this maybe the time to just
bite the bullet and export the data into a SQL DB?

Regards,
Andrew Scott
WebSite: http://www.andyscott.id.au/
Google+:  http://plus.google.com/113032480415921517411