>>There's nothing magically sacrosanct in HTTP or HTML to prevent
this sort of thing.

You're right, but as a developper, I have to modify my code every day, because
every day comes up a new version in which something has been cancelled or
disabled, like accessing the clipboard by Javascript, or such function because
"it was too dangerous", and here I discover that any one can have a script run
in my page just like if I wrote it myself :-(

I can understand that a plugin can run a script when a page is loaded, but it
is absolutely stupid this script can be part of the page and have all
privileges granted to the user after a legitimate authentication. The script
could run by itself, but have no access to the DOM and not be able to read or
define cookies from the original domain.