Hey guys,

I am wondering if many others have run into this issue. Basically, when we
deploy certain "high volume" .cfm files (i.e. index.cfm), they are sometimes
incorrectly compiled to java byte code.

What I believe is happening is when several requests come in while ColdFusion
is trying to compile the .cfm file to java byte code, the byte code gets
created, but the process bombs out before it is able to complete successfully.

Since CF in fact DID generate the byte code (albeit not correctly), on
subsequent requests, CF "thinks" it already compiled the byte code successfully
so it doesn't try to compile it on future requests. What we end up with is a
.cfm file on the server with all the source code in place, and some incorrect
byte code somewhere.

In order to fix the problem, we need to deploy the file again (sometimes one or
two more times) in order to "get lucky" in that when the high traffic file is
hit, another request doesn't come in just then and interrupt the compilation
process.

Has anyone else come across this problem?

Here is a related article:
http://www.neiland.net/blog/article/compile-cfml-to-java-bytecode-plus-fusebox-fix/