Hi Folks
Our single CF11 test server just highlighted a freaky difference between CF10
and CF11 that has us all puzzled.  (We are running CF11 with the latest service
pack.)

It appears that the CF mappings defined in CFIDE (such as "/cfc" -> root dir
for all of our CFC's) are not defined inside the block of code at the top of
Application.cfc (outside of any method in Application.cfc).  This means we
can't instantiate CFC's under the /cfc directory in that top script block area.

We know we can create CFC's in onApplicationStart(), but we currently use a CFC
to set the Application's "this.name" and "this.setDomainCookies", etc.
variables, and I think those can only be changed right at the top of
Application.cfc.

Is this a bug or something?  Why would globally-defined mappings not be
available at the top of Application.cfc? (BTW, the per-Application
"this.mappings" are also ignored in that top script block, so that's not a help
either.)

Thanks
        Mark