On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 8:46 PM, Gonzo Rock wrote:

> -- IE seems to hang after it renders a very large webpage... 13Mb of html
> -- Same page in firefox or chrome or opera have no problems
>
> Details:
> This page is pretty much straight up html markup of a 6000 row table using

I would look at ways to reduce the data you are sending the browser. I know
"it works in FF" but in my opinion your time would be much better spent
dropping something like datatables in there and using the Ajax callbacks to
show a subset of the data:

http://www.datatables.net/

You may also look at something like TokenInput to replace potentially giant
dropdowns.

http://loopj.com/jquery-tokeninput/

The more data you add, the more DOM there is for your JS library to walk
through and 13 megs is too big. From a practical standpoint no human can
actually consume that much information visually - so I usually try to get
to the bottom of what they are actually looking for and find a way to
quickly get them that data and nothing more.

-Cameron

--
Cameron Childress