I have a legacy app on CF9 (originally CF7) which uses CFHTTP to make a secure
connection to Chase Paymentech's Orbital payment gateway. I have the SSL's
installed into the Java keystore like I'm supposed to and for about 7 years
this app has been working as expected.

Fast forward to a few days ago and my host disabled SSLv3, as the world has
been instructed to do to thwart the POODLE vulnerability. The moment they did
that my app no longer can process transactions. I get the classic
"COM.Allaire.ColdFusion.HTTPFailure" type error with the message "Connection
Failure: Status code unavailable". This isn't the typical message of when you
don't have the cert installed where it says peer could not be authenticated.

According to tech support it's only with CF that disabling SSLv3 stops
communication. Apparently others don't have this issue.

Does anyone know of a work around? I'm not sure if CF9 is the problem or CF as
a whole. Would upgrading to CF10 help? I'm in a real bind here as the client
hasn't been able to process ecommerce transactions for a few days now.

Any help is appreciated.

Here's the cfhttp code:

        <cfhttp url="https://orbital1.paymentech.net"; method="post"
throwonerror="yes" port="443">
            <cfhttpparam type="body" value="#transInfo#"><!--- XML request
var--->
            <cfhttpparam type="header" name="MIME-Version"
value="1.0">
            <cfhttpparam type="header" name="Content-type"
value="application/PTI43">
            <cfhttpparam type="header" name="Content-length"
value="#Len(Trim(transInfo))#">
            <cfhttpparam type="header" name="Content-transfer-encoding"
value="text">
            <cfhttpparam type="header" name="Request-number"    value="1">
            <cfhttpparam type="header" name="Document-type"
value="Request">
            <cfhttpparam type="header" name="Merchant-id"
value="#merchantID#">
            <cfhttpparam type="header" name="Interface-Version"
value="2.2.0">
            <cfhttpparam type="header" name="Accept"
value="application/xml">
        </cfhttp>