Yes...you got it Rick

Another decision point for you is this...

Are you intending on just sending out texts? or also receiving?

If receiving is that part of a "conversation" (i.e. they send you a
start code, you ask a question, they provide an answer and so on).  If
you are looking at that then you need the equivalent of SMS session
management.  That functionality is built in to the CF SMS gateway and
relies on I believe the SNDP/SNPP protocol (sorry I probably butchered
that acronym).  You can write your own session management and use the
HTTP method - I have done so and it wasn't all that bad.

IF all you are doing is sending out and not expecting a response - go
HTTP or even simpler as some have mentioned - ye olde e-mail a text
message route (not sure all carrier allow that anymore and knowing what
carrier matters).

Hope that helps you navigate it all a bit better - I know I could have
used some help when I dove in a few years back ;-)

Cheers

*Bryan Stevenson*B.Comm.
President & CEO
Electric Edge Systems Group Inc. - makers of FACTS^(TM)
phone: 250.480.0642
cell: 250.920.8830
e-mail: br...@electricedgesystems.com <mailto:br...@electricedgesystems.com>
web: www.electricedgesystems.com <http://www.electricedgesystems.com>
and www.fisheryfacts.com <http://www.fisheryfacts.com>

-----CONFIDENTIALITY------
This message, including any attachments, is confidential and may contain
information that is privileged or exempt from disclosure. It is intended
only for the person to whom it is addressed unless expressly authorized
otherwise by the sender. If you are not an authorized recipient, please
notify the sender immediately and permanently destroy all copies of this
message and attachments.