Sean Daniels wrote:

> > I haven't seen any sites like that, and there's probably good reason.  A
> > contract is a legal document, and laws vary per locality.  Your best bet
> > is to consult with a lawyer and have them to put together a "template"
> > that you can use.
>
> <cf_myopinion>
>
> Contracts usefulness are limited. Breach of contract suits are often more
> expensive than what you would get if you win. Requiring a contract sets a
> tone of mistrust. Plus the legal fees of hiring someone to set up the
> template for you.

  I don't agree completely.
  A contract will outline what you are expected to do, and any sort of time
frame.  I also use it to get various things out of the way, such as
  "If you call midnight on Saturday, I'm charging you extra for that time"

  I have yet to have a client say "What?  You want a contract, how dare you"

> I say this with some experience, although not in the CF consulting field.
> Before I was a CF guy, I was in a band with a major label recording
> contract. Guess what? Major label hoses band, label wants out, band wants $$
> contractually obligated (no small amount) for breaking contract, label says
> "too bad suckers", band can't do anything because the cost of fighting big
> biz in court is greater than that to be gained. Oh well. We settle for about
> half.

  I suppose it would depend upon the amount of money...
  Sounds like you got <CFSCREWED>

--
Jeff Houser | mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
AIM: Reboog711  | ICQ: 5246969 | Phone: 860-229-2781