Well, not so painless, actually, as one of my applications runs 220 websites
and that goes beyond Tomcat's ability with a single connector or server.xml, so
I decided to try it under Apache, and am currently having rewriteRules
problems. But they'll get solved. I'm 95% of the way there.

Beyond that, Railo does seem to be much faster, and there were very few code
changes to be made. Mostly the fact that any database result set with a field
named #url# needed to be scoped by the query name; Railo doesn't support the
interpolation attribute for cfimage; and there's no cftextarea tag. It only
took a few minutes to find them all through trial and error and fix them.

Thanks,

Mik

At 04:54 PM 12/23/2014, Jon Clausen wrote:

>The only thing I can add, other than that Railo is excellent, is that you’ll
>want to take a close look at the compatibility section
>(http://www.getrailo.org/index.cfm/documentation/compatibility/cfml-compatibility/
>
><http://www.getrailo.org/index.cfm/documentation/compatibility/cfml-compatibility/>
> ) and syntax differences
>(https://github.com/getrailo/railo/wiki/Language_And_Syntax_Differences
><https://github.com/getrailo/railo/wiki/Language_And_Syntax_Differences> ) to
>make sure all of your existing code complies.   The differences aren’t major,
>but there are a few that may apply to you.
>
>It’s a very good upgrade, IMHO, and, generally, a painless switch.
>
>Jon

--------
Michael Muller
Admin, MontagueMA.net Website