Did you restart the cold fusion server after you changed the session
variable timeout?  I have gotten burned by this for other settings more
than once.
Mary

                    "Joshua Miller"

                    <josh.miller@eag        To:     CF-Talk
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    letgi.com>              cc:

                                            Subject:     RE: SESSION Timing out WAY
before it's supposed to.
                    01/10/01 09:08

                    PM

                    Please respond

                    to cf-talk

Well, quotes or no quotes, 00 or 0, Server set to timeout after 12 hours,
it
still dies.

Thought I figured it out when I discovered that when one user logged out it
killed ALL sessions for that application, but I was using <cfset
tmp=StructClear(SESSION)> and that was killing the whole session. That
problem's been removed, I just terminate the individual SESSION.vars when a
user logs out, but my SESSION vars are still dying after 15-30 minutes. No
explanation. I tried all of the wonderful solutions passed along (I
appreciate it!) but to no avail.

TO test it, I logged into the application (setting the SESSION.aID variable
to 1) then went to the grocery store and ran some errands, came back 4
hours
later (should be a 12 hour SESSION) and when I accessed my viewSession.cfm
page, all my session vars are undefined.

Anyone living in the Charlotte, NC area, I'll give you a free subscription
to www.TheRestaurantReport.com and www.TheDaycareReport.com if you can find
a solution ... the rest of you, well, I have nothing to offer but sincere
thanks and gratitude.

This is a tough one and CFAPPLICATION and SESSIONs are sparsely documented
in CFStudio Help and Ben Forta's 2 incredible CFBooks.

Joshua Miller
Web Development
Eagle Technologies Group, Inc.
Business Solutions for the Next Generation
www.eagletgi.com <http://www.eagletgi.com>