If they have disable the older SSL protocols here are two blog posts I did on
how to handle that with CFHTTP and your Java version.

Java Version
http://www.trunkful.com/index.cfm/2014/11/24/ColdFusion-JVM-SSL-CA-CERTS-and-POODLE

CFHTTP and JVM switches
http://www.trunkful.com/index.cfm/2014/12/8/Preventing-SSLv3-Fallback-in-ColdFusion

If they have disabled TLSv1.0 then we could have bigger troubles.

Regards,
Wil

Wil Genovese
Sr. Web Application Developer/