I think the proper approach to this problem would be to provide an example of the
proper date format next to the input field, perhaps even pre-popluating the field with
today's date in the proper format.

Then on the page it submits to, use the IsDate() function to determine whether the
date is correctly formatted.

---mark

Mark Warrick
Phone: (714) 547-5386