> I cant think of a reason why an insert query should be cached, so any
> caching would probably be uneccessary.
> A solution to your problem would be to check for the existense of a record
> before inserting or, if there is no reason why the user would validly need
> to go back, make the page content expire and if they hit back, they will
> need to refresh. Which will cause any form fields to clear and there would
> be nothing to insert then...
> This snippet does the trick for me.
>
>   <CFHEADER NAME="Expires" VALUE="Mon, 06 Jan 1990 00:00:01 GMT">
>   <CFHEADER NAME="Pragma" VALUE="no-cache">
>   <CFHEADER NAME="cache-control" VALUE="no-cache">

There's always one problem with relying on this sort of solution - people
often set their browser to "Never" to retrieve a new version of a file, this
over-rides any of the <meta> settings which means they can go Back any time
they want and re-submit

Philip Arnold
Director
Certified ColdFusion Developer