I've actually been developing a photo gallery custom tag for a while now.  I
have an example of it, unfortunately it's offline for a few days as I
remodel my office. (will post the URL when I can)

Here's basically what it does:
The "install":
Scans a specified directory for images
Creates 4 directories off the root photo's directory
Put's a copy of each image into each of the 4 directories
Resizes images in each directory, thumbnail, preview, display, and full size
Submits each image to a table in an Access DB (or whatever DB you use)

The "app":
There's a display file that navigates through the images and descriptions,
user configurable of course.

There's an editor that let's you edit the title's, the descriptions, and the
image file names.

I've been working towards packaging it up and posting it to the DevEx but
just have been strapped for time.  I've used it twice (although I must admit
I simply duplicated stuff, rather than run an install like I'd like).

Having the 4 image sizes is great, because often times you'll take photos
that are huge (1600x1200) that just don't size well in a browser, so
knocking them down to reasonable size is good.  Splitting them up into 4
distinct folders is good as well, if you plan on doing and PhotoShop batch
actions on them.

If anyone would like to help me package this thing, let me know.  I want it
to be free, and have no problem releasing the code/methodology I've put
towards creating it.

Michael Buffington
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(714) 556-3890 x222