I'm not questioning whether it's a nice feature or not. I'm just looking for
a nice application to put it to good use.

>From you what you have described, it doesn't save speed or resources in the
long run.

> Currently you'd have to run many queries, but with Query a Query you can
run
> big queries on both and then just combine them into smaller queries with
no
> database/sheet access

You are using more ram by grabbing big queries in the first place and then
running smaller queries within the large queries in ram so you are still
running many queries though not through SQL but with CF. And as the size of
the excel sheet data and the SQL counterpart grow in size, the performance
gain, if any, will most likely deminish since by grabbing more ram with the
large qureries, other system functions might suffer.

I'm gonna wait and see more developers test the query on query and see
what's the general consensus in terms of performance. Like if a simple
SELECT statement on an exisitng query with 100 records on CF would be faster
than a SELECT statement directly with db server that contains 10,000
records. It might or might be faster since the db server is optimized for
indexes, joins, and other query procedures.

Xing