My experience has been just the opposite of yours, both with regard to their
personnel and the details of their account offerings and charges. While I
know at least one of us (Bud, I believe) had performance issues with their
servers, I've had excellent service and performance from them with clients
who needed low-priced shared hosting for multiple domains.

Not trying to trivialize whatever problems you encountered, but I hated to
see their offerings mis-represented in a public forum.

Ken