Dave,

I can't argue that people want "openness" on their desktops, but I'm not
sure I can go along with the notion that they're willing to sacrifice
security. As one who lost over 700 files on my desktop to the Melissa virus
(through no fault of my own), I for one want security. I really don't care
what other users on my network want if, through carelessness, they are
willing to risk my work. My time and my files are more valuable to me than
other's convenience.

What people want is not necessarily what they should be given. In other
words, what's popular is not always what's right.

Regards,
--John