> Why not? I've been taught by our database folks that the more stuff we can

why not? sp's aren't really meant for dynamc sql. if i had two logic
branches in an sp, these would become 2 separate sp. unless
security/management were the main issues.

> move into the database, the better - that cf is best used for
> outputting/formatting but that the processor-intensive stuff (loops, etc)
> should be moved to the db when possible. What's the rational for saying
that
> you shouldn't?

i didn't say "not in the database", i said "not in an sp". and the loops
here were loops building dynamic sql code. cf builds the sql, the
backend executes it.