From: "JoshMEagle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "CF-Talk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2001 11:38 AM
Subject: Allarie/Macromedia ColdFusion Feature Suggestion

| Proabably a bit late to place this request for 5.0 - but how about 6.0?
|
| Why don't you all make CF capable of grabbing JavaScript variables at will
throughout the page using a function like scriptvar() or jsvar() or
something like that? As many people as use ColdFusion together with
JavaScript, this seems like it would have been addressed in version 1.0 -
but now we're at 5.0 and still no mention of being able to easilly access
JavaScript variables via CF.

| And no, I don't mean through a form submission, or in the URL or anything
else - I mean mid page I'd like to be able to do something like:

| <script>
|     colorval=thing.style.backgroundColor
| </script>
|
| <cfoutput>You're using color: #jsvar(colorval)#</cfoutput>
|

| Not the best example, but you get the idea. I'm sure it presents
logistical problems since CF is processed on the server and JS on the
client, but you all are bright folks, surely you can figure this one out :)
(please?)