----- Original Message -----
From: "Howie Hamlin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2001 2:37 PM

> CGI is an old technology and oft times is not free.  Sure, the interface is
> free but you need developers to code and debug the CGI.  What you can code

I know - but you still see the "free" mentality wherever you go.

I am on alot of ISP oriented lists - and it never ceases to amaze me that,
despite the fact that these people are in business to compete and make money
(supposedly), all they want is totaly free server software as if it is a right
or a principle! You see it all the time - "where can I get a free this, that or
the other server" - and even if it costs just pennies they are not interested.

I can only assume it all originates in the UNIX ethos where everything is free
more or less.

We all use Cold Fusion because we appreciate its power, flexibility and other
features which ultimately translate into that all important watchword
"productivity" - but we are in a minority - ASP is free  - that's why people use
it, and, like free UNIXware - it scores higher in surveys.

Adrian Cooper.