Ok,

I've searched through the House of Fusion Mail Archive and Allaire's
support forums for info regarding how to unlock a M$ Access file through
CF.   We are using NT4 SP5(or 6) and CF 4.0.1. I have done/tried the
following:

1) unchecked the 'maintan connections' checkbox in the ODBC setup for the
datasource in the CF Administrator.

        This did not work.  When I do an ODBC read/write the lock file is
still generated

2) tried performing a 'fake' query to the datasource

<CFTRY>

        <CFQUERY DATASOURCE="helpdesk_assets" NAME="Unlock">
                                SELECT Rasputin
                                FROM Russia
                                WHERE Name = Gregori
        </CFQUERY>

        <CFCATCH>
        </CFCATCH>

</CFTRY>

This did not do it either.  If I remove the TRY/CATCH code, the dtabase is
unlocked, but then I get a non-functional page.  Is this code correct?

3) used this <CFSET CFUSION_DBCONNECTIONS_FLUSH()> in my page.  This
works, but I suspect it is not a good idea to use in a production
environment as it kills ALL dbconnections.  Any thoughts?  (This is all
for an Intranet, hence the use of M$ Access)

4) used this <CFSET rc=cfusion_disable_dbconnections("DSN","1") but this
throws an error.

Any thoughts?

-----
Douglas Knudsen