From: Douglas Knudsen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2001 12:20 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Those darn Access .ldb files

ooops!  The intent: I have a page that an end user can use to upload a
M$ db that resides on the web server.  This db is manually updated
everyday. We would automate this by building a form and such, but the
end user(read customer) does not want to pay for it or change their
modus operandi(sp?)   There is a web app that does an ODBC read to
this db that others use daily.  Each time this occurs the .ldb file is
generated, if it doesn't already exist.  So, I want my page to be able
to upload the updated mdb file to the web server and over write the
current one.   So, I need this page to 'unlock' the current mdb file
and upload the newly updated mdb overwriting the current one all
without errors.

I know 3 below works, but what impact would this have on all the other
db based CF apps?

Thanks!

-----
Douglas Knudsen