On my shopping cart program, I don't pass prices around. It works like
this:

You get a CartID as a session variable. Anything in your shopping cart is
in the CartPart table with that ID and ProductID, Qty and any Options
(size, color). When you order, the CartParts are moved into OrderParts and
the current price (regular, sale, whatever) is stored in the OrderParts
table. The price of the item is never passed around anywhere. The only
thing sensitive exposed is the CartID and once moved into the order stage,
that's secured with the username/password of the customer...

In fact, I built my whole cart with out forms, using all gets insteads.
The only post is at the end. Made making links and quantity changes easy.