> Any data from the browser is subject to tampering. You can't rely on
> HTTP_REFERER - that's sent by the browser, and thus subject
> to the same sort
> of tampering as the form fields.

Then can you suggest the best way of tackling this situation...

 - website, basket and pre-checkout on one server
 - basket or orders table in database, each basket record tied to a
session.userid value
 - secure payment area / checkout on another server
 - no database access from secure server to database on main website server

How can you make the basket / orders data tied to a user, together with the
prices for the products, accessible to the checkout section without
including them as hidden form fields which, obviously can be tampered with?

I've seen one solution where a text file was written on the unsecure server
and the filename passed as a form field to the secure area. The checkout
just CFHTTPed the text file, parsed out the order / product data and
displayed the totals... not an ideal way of doing it but seemed reasonably
effective.

Thanks in advance

--
Aidan Whitehall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>