> i have been trying for the better part of the morning to figure
> out where i
> am going wrong with the CFHTTP tag.
> i get a list of about 200 cars two times a week and the majority
> have photos
> (with full url to other sites) but cant seem to figure out how to
> get CFHTTP
> to download an image off of a remote site and save it locally to my hard
> drive.

You're grabbing raw binary data here (the contents of the jpeg), not text.
Try using notepad to open an image on your local machine. You'll probably
see the same thing.

You could try saving the variable as a file to your hard drive. That might
work. Probably not though. I haven't tried that in ages but as I recall CF
had issues with the NULLs (the 0's) in such variables and wouldn't properly
address the entire contents.

That may have been fixed in cf4.5. Not sure as I generally use a COM I wrote
called TCPClient to do all my CFHTTP-like work. I specifically make the COM
so it could grab and save binary data like images. :)

--min