From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 26 March 2001 09:44
To: CF-Talk
Subject: CF Status in UK

Hi,

Could anybody tell me how is ColdFusion doing in UK? Is it not in demand
here now?

Actually, I came here in UK from India on 29th Jan., 2001 as a Software
Consultant through NovaSoft Info. Tech. (Europe) Ltd.
(http://www.novasoftinfo.co.uk and http://www.novasoftinfo.com). They hire
Software Professionals from India and place them here on Contract basis. My
main skills are ColdFusion. I am having 2 yrs exp. in ColdFusion with SQL,
Access, JavaScript, HTML, and Dreamweaver etc. I have developed 10 sites
using ColdFusion.

Now almost two months have been completed and I am still on Bench. Not only
myself, there are other 4 ColdFusion professionals they are also on bench.
NovaSoft is not able to place anybody. What they are saying is that there is
no market for ColdFusion in UK now and the situation will remain same for
next 5-6 months atleast. I have already wasted almost 2 months for the
process for coming to UK and 2 months on bench and if the situation is going
to remain for next 5-6 months, it is going to spoil my career very badly.
Moreover, company might take some harsh decisions also. I am in great
dilemma now-a-days.

Could you please tell me the status of ColdFusion in UK or could anybody
guide me overcoming this problem? Any kind of help/suggestion is welcome.

Thanks and Regards,
Rajesh Kumar