> If you use a web-based WYSYWIG editing tool, what do you use?

OK, below are our opinions of the products;

> 1) ActiveEdit (www.cdev.com)

Support is VERY patchy, they same something can't be done, but I've done
it... I seem to know more about the product than they do on some matters -
they often ignore questions that are "too hard" for them to answer...
Oh, and their "My Account" part of the website is utter rubbish - it doesn't
record when you purchase items, you can't upgrade from the normal version to
the OpenSource version (you have to re-buy) and they're not exactly the
politest people when you have a complaint...

> 2) eWebEditPro (www.ektron.com)

Requires a pluging to be downloaded - some clients don't like to do this or
their system won't allow them to do this - BUT, it does run on Netscape and
have a Spell checker - in other words, if people accept it, it's fantastic!

> 3) ezEdit (www.siteobjects.com)

Uses the same base tech of ActivEdit, but has some VERY nice features (we're
trying to make the best of both worlds) - love the Font control... in some
ways, better than the pay-for products using the same tech

> 4) HTMLArea (www.iautomated.com/products)

Again, same tech as ActivEdit and ezEdit, similar functionality to ezEdit,
some very nice touches, but Java based bits (for image inserting) - this
killed my browser first time round

Philip Arnold
Director
Certified ColdFusion Developer