For anyone who may have missed the huge thread a few months back I just
wanted everyone to please check to make sure your IIS web server has all the
latest patches or you have removed:
htr
htw
idc
ida
printer
extensions from the web server. Every single IIS 4 and IIS 5 web server is
installed by default with a number of bugs that allow a hacker to take over
your web server very very easily. You can test your web server by going to
any page and adding +.htr to the end of the page.
http://myserver.com/index.cfm+.htr View the source and if you see CF code,
you are vulnerable.
Further reading is here http://www.wittys.com/files/mab/iis-hacking.html

The reason I posted this is that for the last three days in a row I have
found a high profile CF based web site (a financial one even) with this bug
each day! I wasn't even looking for them, it just habit to check now. I will
not say who they are, but todays site, many of you probably had in your
inbox this morning.

jon