Comparing dates are fun - here's a couple suggestions:

-check your formatting of the date object you're comparing and format your
where-clause date to be exactly the same format as appears in the DB (i.e.
smalldate time, ODBC d/t obj. etc.); relying on the auto conversion within
ODBC has yielded unpredictable results for me...

-Make sure it's a Date/Time object in the DB...

-Pass in (as defaults if necessary) all date/time elements that exist in the
DB data (i.e. if seconds exist, have them in the compare value even if its
:00...

-If you want all games later than today, get rid of the = in your where
clause(s)

-If you only want the next (1) record, use the "top" function in the SQL to
get the first record

-It will help performance if you set up an index on your dates in the DB
table...

Hope these quick comments help.  If I think of others I'll post 'em!

Truman