At 09:48 AM 4/27/01, you wrote:

Michael,

>If the UK or other non-US ISPs talked to A/MM, maybe individual deals could
>be made. If I was at A/MM I'd talk to ISPs on a per company basis and for
>some wave the fee for a time to 'help get them on their feet'. ISP building
>is great in the long run but may cost a little in licensing in the short.
>But that's just me.

While this may serve to put some balm on the current wound, it indicates a
mindset that, if it comes to pass, will amount to a significant dropoff in
the vitality of this community.  Waiving the fee for a time is not the
issue, it's dealing with the competitive pressures.

When crossing paths with micro$oft, one misstep is all it takes... Netscape
made that misstep, and never recovered.  I'm afraid that if a/MM takes
licensing in this direction, they will not recover from that.

I know that we will switch to another platform (probably asp) if, in fact
this is where the licensing is headed.  We've looked forward to the
features in CF5 for awhile now, but it is just not going to be a viable
alternative if a/MM goes down this road.